“The lessons were great. My daughter received a scholarship to her first-choice school and was accepted to all three.”
– Jean Kearns, Parent, NY
Save over $5,200 per year
Learn from your mistakes with
an explanation for each problem
Get instant feedback geared
toward raising your grade the most
Get full access to all
of our test prep courses
into your schedule
Online TACHS Prep
Our online TACHS prep will help you prepare for your upcoming test. The TACHS is used to determine admission into NYC’s Catholic high schools. Watch our video tutorials and then try the associated practice problems. The test is broken into four main sections: Reading, Language, Math and Ability. With our video lessons and explanations, it is like having a TACHS tutor by your side while you prepare.
TACHS Lessons & Practice Problems
Our course is set up with lessons followed by practice problems. As you work through our TACHS Prep lessons and practice problems, we will keep track of your progress to give you an updated assessment of your strengths and weaknesses across the sections of the TACHS.
TACHS Practice Tests Online
Get ready for the big day by taking practice TACHS exams. Try to complete the test in one sitting, just like the real test. Use the practice tests to monitor your progress and identify your weaknesses.
TACHS for Admission to Catholic High Schools
Many high schools in NYC use the TACHS as part of the admissions and scholarship criteria. In most cases, the TACHS is not used as the sole factor to determine admission into a school, but a higher test score improves chances of being accepted, can determine academic placement in the school, and can improve the likelihood of receiving a scholarship.Go to TACHS Practice Tests
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the TACHS and our Test Prep:
What sections are on the TACHS?
Reading, Language, Math, and Ability
Are all sections of the TACHS covered?
Yes, all sections of the test are covered in detail.
Can I watch the lessons in any order and answer practice questions/tests in any order?
Yes, you can go through our content in any order. However, we recommend that you follow the order in which the content is presented.
Can I use a calculator on the TACHS?
No, a calculator is not permitted on the TACHS.
When should I start preparing for the TACHS?
The answer depends on the student’s goals and where the students stands now. It is best to take a practice test and see how far the student’s score is from her goal.
Are formulas given on the TACHS?
No, formulas are not provided.
Lesson: Language Lesson – Spelling
- Language: Spelling Practice 01
- Language: Spelling Practice 02
- Language: Spelling Practice 03
- Language: Spelling Practice 04
- Language: Spelling Practice 05
- Language: Spelling Practice 06
- Language: Spelling Practice 07
- Language: Spelling Practice 08
- Language: Spelling Practice 09
- Language: Spelling Practice 10
- Language: Puctuation Practice 04
- Language: Puctuation Practice 05
- Language: Capitalization Practice 02
- Math: Adding Signed Numbers Practice 02
- Math: Subtracting Signed Numbers Practice 02
- Math: Multiplying Signed Numbers Practice 02
- Math: Dividing Signed Numbers Practice 02
- Math: Estimation Practice 03
- Reading Comprehension: Practice 03
- Language: Punctuation Practice 08
- Language: Punctuation Practice 09
- Math: Adding Fractions Practice 02
- Math: Subtracting Fractions Practice 02
- Math: Multiplying Fractions Practice 02
- Math: Dividing Fractions Practice 02
- Math: Estimation Practice 05
- Ability: Figure Matrices Practice 03