In this video you will learn how to create a parallel line through a point using a compass.
Parallel Line Through a Point: A line that is parallel to the given line that cuts through the given point.
- Draw an arbitrary line that cuts through the given the given line and the given point.
- Use a compass to make an arc at the intersection of the line and the given line.
- Without changing the radius, place one end of the compass at the given point and make an arc.
- Make an arc where the center is at the intersection of the given line and the drawn line that cuts through the first arc.
- Do the same where the center will be at the given point, without changing the radius of the compass.
- Draw a straight line that cuts through the given point and the intersection from step 5, which will be the parallel line