SHSAT Tutoring: Online & In-Person
SHSAT tutoring allows students to prepare for the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test at their own pace and focus on their own needs.
If a student needs additional time to review material, sessions can be altered to accommodate the needs of each student individually. Likewise, if a student is advanced, we can use the results of the diagnostic test and follow-up tests to create a customized curriculum that matches the student’s specific needs.
Give us a call to get more information or schedule a diagnostic test:
Lessons, Practice Problems, and Sample Tests
We have lessons for each part of the test, including Revising & Editing, Reading Comprehenion, and Mathematics. Our lessons are designed specifically for the SHSAT. Each lesson includes practice problems directly related to the day’s lesson, which allows students to immediately test their comprehension on the lesson and address any areas that need help. The associated homework is more practice of the day’s lesson to help retain the information and some practice of previous material, so it isn’t forgotten.
Our tutoring is real 1-on-1 tutoring: one tutor working with one student. During sessions, the student has the full attention of the tutor. All of our SHSAT tutors are graduates of one of the NYC Specialized High Schools.
Online SHSAT Tutoring
- Help in Real-Time: Just like traditional in-person tutoring, our tutors are able to actively help your child. With the digital whiteboard, we’re able to see your student work through problems in real-time, just like if they were sitting next to each other.
- Diagnostic Test & Follow-up Tests: Before starting online SHSAT tutoring, students are asked to take a diagnostic SHSAT practice test, so we can see where they are starting and identify any weaknesses or areas for a lot of improvement to maximize scores. Most online students take their practice tests online, but they are also invited to take them in-person at our office on Staten Island.
- Online Homework: It’s is incredibly important for students to practice while they aren’t in class. With online tutoring, students will be assigned SHSAT worksheets online in our digital whiteboard.
In-Person Staten Island SHSAT Tutoring
- Help in Real-Time: Students who come to our office in Staten Island will have the full attention of the tutor. All of our tutoring is scheduled as real one-on-one tutoring. Our tutors actively help your child when they need help and don’t always wait for your child to ask for help.
- Diagnostic Test & Follow-up Tests: Students will be asked to a Diagnostic SHSAT at our office at 91 Guyon Ave, Staten Island, NY 10306. If for any reason a student can’t make it, they can choose to take it online. We also offer students additional tests to track their progress and identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Homework: The SHSAT is a pretty difficult test. To do well on it, most students have to work hard: studying and practicing. The practice has to happen outside of the classroom also. After each session, your child will be given homework relatd to the day’s lesson, so your student can practice what was covered and retain it.
- It’s is incredibly important for students to practice while they aren’t in class. With online tutoring, students will be assigned SHSAT worksheets online in our digital whiteboard.
SHSAT Tutoring Packages
- 12 hours: $960
- 20 hours: $1,500 (save $100)
- 30 hours: $2,100(save $300)
Give Us a Call If You Have Any Questions or Want to Get Started With a Diagnostic Test